Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Emeli Sandé

So I thought I'd share my latest obsession, Emeli Sandé.  I discovered this British phenomenon while watching The Brits and immediately fell in love with her fresh sound and fascinating persona.  I'm 100% certain that this girl will eventually become a chart-topping success in America.


Next To Me is one of those songs that you'd belt out when you're home alone.  Emeli's soulful singing over loose beats reminds me of The Noisettes, only with a stronger backbone.


And then there's Clown.  This poignant ballad along with the silent film approach undoubtedly tugs at my heartstrings.

"It's about how I felt when I was trying to get signed.  I was going to all these meetings and people were looking at me like "What do we do with you?"  It's about not allowing yourself to be judged by others or to be taken for an idiot.  I feel the video reflects that."
- Emeli Sandé on Clown

No comments:

Post a Comment