Saturday, March 16, 2013

Teen Rebellion Films

Since Spring Breakers is finally coming out next week, I feel obligated to dedicate a post to the best teen rebellion films.  Teens and rebellion go together like peanut butter and jelly (or Taylor Swift and boy troubles, HEY-O!), so obviously there have been numerous classics over the years.  I've sorted through and picked my favorite scenes from five movies.  So lock your bedroom door and crank up those emo tunes because it's about to get rebellious up in here.




The Breakfast Club
Bender is so mean.  This movie slays me, though, because you know what happens whenever I have detention?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  Where is my bonding experience with fellow angsty teens?





Ghost World
Look at how small baby Johansson is in this!  Thora Birch is great in this, and the comic that the movie is based on is even better.





Heathers
A cult classic, Heathers is one of those movies that doesn't make sense until you see the entire thing.  I remember seeing clips of the movie before actually seeing it and I was like, completely thrown.  But after seeing the movie in all of its ridiculous glory, everything makes sense.  Except Christian Slater's voice.  That will never make sense to me.





Rebel Without A Cause
James Dean is such a babe in the 50s and this scene with poor ol' Buzz getting caught by his cool leather jacket teaches everyone that "chicken" is the worst game in the entire world because even when you win, you lose.





Ferris Bueller's Day Off
This is the kind of rebellion that I can get behind!  Skipping school with your best pals to sing a festive song in a parade.  Sure, you totaled your friend's dad's car, but everything else is so PG and stress-free, it's glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment